Since 2014, the FCPA Institute has elevated the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act knowledge and practical skills of hundreds of diverse professionals from around the world at leading companies and firms. Future dates for the live, in-person, two-day FCPA Institute  are as follows: Nashville (April 11-12, 2019), Minneapolis (June 20-21, 2019) with an additional event TBD in September or October, 2019.
Due to demand for FCPA knowledge and practical skills from individuals around the world, I am pleased to announce the launch of the FCPA Institute Online  – the most comprehensive online FCPA training course available.
The FCPA Institute Online is a time and cost efficient way for in-house and outside counsel; compliance professionals; finance, accounting, and auditing professionals; business executives and others to elevate their FCPA knowledge and practical skills.
The FCPA Institute Online consists of over 12 hours of narrated instruction from Professor Koehler (as well as availability to answer questions) and guides professionals through the following FCPA topics in an integrated and cohesive manner.
- Why the FCPA became a law and what it seeks to accomplish;
- How business organizations often become the subject of FCPA scrutiny and various realities of the global marketplace that often serve as root causes of FCPA scrutiny and enforcement;
- A comprehensive understanding of the FCPA’s anti-bribery provisions and books and records and internal controls provisions including related enforcement theories;
- The typical origins of FCPA scrutiny and enforcement including the prominence of corporate voluntary disclosures;
- Facts and figures relevant to corporate and individual FCPA enforcement including how corporate settlement amounts are calculated and how DOJ and SEC enforcement policies and resolution vehicles impact FCPA enforcement;
- Various practical reasons, as well as certain provocative reasons, for the general increase in FCPA enforcement in the modern era;
- How settlement amounts in an actual FCPA enforcement action are often only a relatively minor component of the overall financial consequences that can result from FCPA scrutiny or enforcement because of the FCPA’s many other “ripples.”
In addition to the above substantive knowledge, the FCPA Institute Online develops in-demand, practical skills to best minimize risk through:
- FCPA issue-spotting video exercises along with model answers;
- Discussion of risk management strategies in a variety of areas such as gifts, travel and entertainment, and internship and hiring practices;
- Discussion of risk management strategies relevant to third parties including pre-engagement, engagement, and post-engagement best practices;
- Learning the fundamentals of conducting an FCPA risk assessment;
- Learning how to effectively communicate FCPA compliance expectations; and
- Learning FCPA compliance best practices in terms of structural organization, implementation, and monitoring including oversight responsibility and resources, internal reporting and investigation, and periodic assessment and continuous improvement.
At the end of the FCPA Institute Online, participants can elect to have their knowledge assessed and can earn a certificate of completion upon passing a written assessment tool. In this way, successful completion of the FCPA Institute Online represents a value-added credential for professional development.
See here  for more information about the FCPA Institute Online.